This was me on Mother’s Day. Oh, and Saturday morning. What got into me?!? I NEVER sleep late or take naps. I woke up from my unintended nap on Sunday afternoon feeling guilty and confused. How could I fall asleep on Mother’s Day? I didn’t have to do anything! And why? I haven’t taken a nap quite some time – why all of a sudden?
Late last night, it finally hit me! Duh! I have been running like a crazy person! The past 3 weeks have been insane.
- My mother’s helper had been ill and has just moved back to her hometown for the summer. I have no help, y’all! None.
- My husband was out of town for a solid 7 days.
- I am organizing 2 events – 1 for the church middle school kids, and 1 that is a little bigger (a fundraiser for a health organization).
- I am planning for next school year’s curriculum. I will be home schooling BOTH my kids and am trying to get it all organized now.
- I am house hunting. I hate it. But it has to be done, and it is so dang time consuming.
- More of the same …
All this amongst the daily duties of life – cleaning, cooking, Bible study, etc. The other day, the family and I took the afternoon off from our life and helped plant a garden in memory of our late pastor. It was hard labor, but lots of fun being outside, doing something good (the food will go to local needy families), and having great fellowship. While there, a friend said to me: “Honey, you can’t be Superwoman every day!” To which I responded: “You can’t?”
Yeah, you can’t.