Since we are trying to eat gluten-free, dairy-free, and pork-free … we have been getting more creative and adventurous with our meals. But, since we are also feeding children here, it is important to make meals that are tasty and kid-friendly. I created this simple little recipe for lunch yesterday, and it happened to be a big a hit with everyone who ate it so I thought I should share it with you.
- Black beans, cooked (about 1c dried beans, but you could use a can if you prefer)
- 3 ears corn, cooked – cut off cobb (could use canned if preferred)
- 3-4 tomatoes, diced
- 1 small can green chilies or diced jalepeno
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Corn tortillas (the smaller ones are a great size for this meal)
- Shredded cheddar veggie cheese
- Dairy-free sour cream (optional)
Mix together black beans through salt & pepper in bowl. Grease cookie sheet. Lay corn tortillas in a row (should be able to fit about 2 rows of 3 tortillas). Sprinkle small amount of cheese on each. Drain black bean mixutre and scoop large spponful onto each tortilla. Srprinkle with more cheese and top with another tortilla. Bake in 350 degree oven, flipping occasionally, for about 15 minutes.
Let cool a few minutes. Serve with dairy-free sour cream.