In the craziness that has consumed us recently, I have become used to a quick but healthy lunch … salad. Salads can be SO boring, especially if you’re having them every. single. day. So, here are a few that I have enjoyed as of late …
SPINACH SALAD w/ STRAWBERRIES
- fresh spinach (the farm has had the most amazing spinach this year!)
- fresh ripe strawberries
- candied pecans (easy to make, store bought fine too)
- parmesan balsamic vinaigrette (recipe below)
This is my favorite salad to curb a sweet tooth!
HEARTY SPINACH SALAD
- fresh spinach
- sliced mushrooms
- turkey bacon (or regular bacon if you wish)
- croutons if you desire
This is great for a heartier appetite!
PARMESAN BALSAMIC VINAIGRETTE
- 2T balsamic vinegar
- 1T olive oil
- 1T fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1 small garlic clove, crushed
- 3T finely grated parmesan cheese (I like to use my micro-plane to get it super-fine)
Shake contents together in jar. Refrigerate any left0vers.
CARROT, RADISH, and BEET SALAD
- 1/4c julienned carrots
- 1/4c julienned radishes (red or daikon)
- 1/4c julienned beets
- 1T apple cider vinegar
Toss veggies with vinegar and let sit for at least 30 mins. Serve scoop over mixed greens or bed of your favorite lettuce.