And that means another recipe for you! What’s for dinner tonight? At our house it is …
- ~2 lb pork roast
- 1/2c ketchup
- 2 tbsp vinegar
- 1/2 small onion (I prefer Vidalia’s sweetness with the spicier sauce)
- 1.5 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1-2 tbsp brown sugar (can substitute with molasses)
- 1 tsp dry mustard
- 1-2 tbsp garlic (crushed)
- 1-2 tsp crushed red pepper
- salt & pepper to taste
Prepare slow-cooker. I like to barely cover the bottom with water to avoid the use of oils to prevent the meat sticking to the pan. Salt and pepper roast. Place in pan. Mix all other ingredients together in small food processor. *Reserve ~ 1/3 mixture for later. Cook for 6-8 hours, according to your needs and crockpot instructions.
* If you do not wish to set aside any BBQ sauce for later, simply place all the ingredients in the slow-cooker and set.
Pull apart. Serve on buns with green beans or salad and enjoy!